2020 Flag Runners are FULL.
Thank you for your interest- We hope to see you again next year!
Important Flag Runner Notes:
- Assigned Flag Runners will be trained via video call. All communications will be via phone, email or video.
- We will only need as many Flag Runners as we get Requests, so assignments will be on a first-registered, first-assigned basis.
- Once all requests are in and assigned, Flag Runners will receive an emailed list of names and locations of the heroes to honor on Memorial Weekend.
- Flag Runners will pick up their flags at an offsite location near the cemetery before heading to the cemetery on their own. They will locate each headstone on their list, ceremoniously place a flag with a quiet moment of honor, take a photo and upload it to our system before moving to the next name.
- Once the list has been completed, a call must be made to the Flag Runner Leader to confirm the names before leaving Fort Snelling.
Note: All Flag Runners must adhere to gathering rules. Do not bring a gathering of anyone to assist you in this volunteer opportunity. We must adhere strictly to this rule or the cemetery WILL ASK YOU TO LEAVE. Remember, the Flags for Fort Snelling reputation and mission are on the line, and we must ask all volunteers to respect the rules.
Also, please understand if we do not have enough flag requests as flag runner volunteers- We do our absolute best trying to balance the need to the requests as the short season moves along. Assignments will be given to flag runners on a first-registered basis.
-The Flags for Fort Snelling Leadership Team