1. ARRIVAL/PARKING: We ask that everyone enter through GATE 3. Turn left on West Outer Drive, then right on First Drive to park. They ask everyone to stay for the duration of the ceremony, but if you must leave, please do so with minimal disturbance possible.
(see map) for check-in, instructions and assigned areas.
2. DISTRIBUTION: We will be gathering away from the ceremony area, so expect a fair amount of walking. We will walk to the areas we are placing flags, and will have pre-designated vehicles parked near the areas as flag holding stations. (more details on the morning of)
3. WEATHER/APPAREL: We will be placing flags Rain or Shine. We will only cancel if the Parade/Ceremony is cancelled. Please bring any weather appropriate apparel to be prepared. (we will post any changes to Facebook.)
4. BRINGING FLAGS: Fort Snelling National Cemetery asks for total uniformity. If you are intending on bringing your own flags, they will need to be the 8″ x 12″ flags with wooden staffs. We ask that you please bring them to a FFFS Staff Member so that we can ensure uniformity.
5. *FLAG RUNNERS: We will have a Flag Runner Leader to provide instructions for this very important position. We do not have many Placement Requests, but they are all so important to our mission. The cemetery does not want anyone showing up in full running gear, though tennis shoes are acceptable. In fact, they ask that we not run, but keep to a brisk walk as we place the individual flags.
6. *FLAG COLLECTORS: For those of you who will be returning to the cemetery to help collect the American flags, please plan on meeting back at the National Cemetery on TBD- Update Soon (We will send additional details prior to collection with further details.)